By Karin Brothers Global Research, July 12, 2022
All Global Research articles can be read in 51 languages by activating the “Translate Website” drop down menu on the top banner of our home page (Desktop version).
To receive Global Research’s Daily Newsletter (selected articles), click here.
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Feel free to repost and share widely Global Research articles.
On the morning of July 6th, the CBC crossed the line from merely putting out its usual one-sided news on Ukraine to a defamatory attack on independent journalists who report live from the Donbass. While they named Americans John Mark Dougan and Patrick Lancaster, they reserved particular venom for the highly-respected Canadian Eva Bartlett.
The National News anchor Ian Hanomansing featured Justin Ling, a writer who has written hit pieces on journalists whose accounts counter state propaganda. They suggested that those who report the news about the Ukrainian conflict with any acknowledgement of Russia’s perspective must be in Russia’s pay or in some way controlled by Russia.
READ MORE: Uncle Sam: Ukraine Lost, Stop the Dying
The implication that Eva Bartlett’s reporting is bought and paid for by Russia (made, incidentally, by those whose opinions seem to have been bought and paid for by Canadian taxpayers) is defamatory. She has a well-earned reputation for courageous eyewitness in the most dangerous situations, including in Gaza when it was under devastating Israeli bombardment in 2008/9, in Syria (where she publicized western false flag attacks), as well as in Ukraine, where she showed the reality of the supposed “mass graves” in Maripol.
Implying that those who call out US responsibility for fomenting the Ukrainian conflict are Russian pawns is cover for those propagating western propaganda — propaganda that:
- ignores the US-backed 2014 coup against the democratically- elected Ukrainian president;
- ignores Zelensky’s landslide victory on the platform of making peace with Russia;
- ignores the U.S. undermining of the Minsk Accords that would have enabled that peace;
- ignores the Kiev government’s ongoing attacks on Donbass civilians [now with the use of new U.S. weaponry!] that have killed over 15,000 Ukrainians since 2014; and that
- even ignores the now-public evidence that the US motive in training tens of thousands of Ukraine’s neo-Nazi soldiers for the last eight years was to prepare them for this proxy war that would weaken Russia and get rid of Putin. (Note that Canada has also trained Ukraine’s neo-Nazi soldiers.)
Americans who have spoken out about the U.S. set-up of Russia for this conflict include:
- Former Pentagon advisor Col. Douglas McGregor;
- Former Virginia State Senator Col. Richard Black;
- Professor John Mearsheimer of the University of Chicago;
- Former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury and Wall Street Journal Editor Paul Craig Roberts;
- Former CIA Russia specialist Ray McGovern;
- Veteran of the CIA and State Department’s Office of Counter Terrorism Larry C. Johnson; and
- Former U.S. Marine Corps intelligence officer and UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter.
The CBC owes Eva Bartlett and her colleagues a public apology for their defamation.
To make amends, it might present one of Eva Bartlett’s reports to show viewers a sample of honest reporting on this issue.
Karin Brothers, Toronto
Note to readers: Please click the share buttons above or below. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Feel free to repost and share widely Global Research articles.The original source of this article is Global ResearchCopyright © Karin Brothers, Global Research, 2022
Comment on Global Research Articles on our Facebook page
Become a Member of Global Research
Handling International Crises: From JFK to Biden Jul 12, 2022
Putin Extends Fast-Track Russian Citizenship to All Ukrainians Jul 12, 2022
Soaring Energy Exports Send Russia’s Account Surplus to Record High Jul 12, 2022
Ukraine and NATO’s Hardline Position on Expansion: End the War, Lift the Sanctions, Initiate Peace Negotiations Jul 11, 2022
Ex-NATO Commander Calls on Ukraine to Blow Up Crimean Bridge Jul 11, 2022
The West Is Abandoning Ukraine? Jul 10, 2022
Related Articles from our Archives
Video: Award-Winning Canadian Journalist Eva Bartlett on Ukraine “Kill List” as Canadian Government Does Nothing
8 June 2022
Selected Articles: What the Leaked EMA Emails and Docs Reveal: Major Concerns with Pfizer C-19 Vaccine Batch Integrity and the Race to Authorize
13 July 2022
Western Media and Politicians Prefer to Ignore the Truth about Civilians Killed in Donetsk Shelling
20 June 2022
Articles by:Karin Brothers
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are of sole responsibility of the author(s). The Centre for Research on Globalization will not be responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect statement in this article. The Centre of Research on Globalization grants permission to cross-post Global Research articles on community internet sites as long the source and copyright are acknowledged together with a hyperlink to the original Global Research article. For publication of Global Research articles in print or other forms including commercial internet sites, contact: email@example.com
www.globalresearch.ca contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
For media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org