The war in Ukraine is not about democracy, freedom, human rights, or Ukrainian peoples.
It is about the destruction of all of the above, and the main perpetrators are the usual suspects: Washington and the West.
It is the West and its agencies, that revived and emboldened nazism in Ukraine since the end of WW2. (1)
It is Washington that conducted a blatant and violent coup against the democratically-elected Ukrainian government in 2014, thus destoying democracy and freedom and even the pretense of democracy and freedom for all of Ukraine at that moment and for years to come. (2)
The on-going coup brought nazism to the forefront and institutionalized this hideous ideology of exceptionalism and intolerance in its military, its police, its government and its culture. Hatred of all things Russian is taught and imbued from an early age. Today, Ukraine celebrates a national holiday that memorializes nazi-collabrator villains, in particular Stepan Bandera. (3)
Since 2014, nazism and intolerance have manifested themselves widely and were foundational to Kiev’s military bombardment of Russian speaking civilian areas in what has accurately been described as a genocide, especially since ethnic cleansing of anything Russian was the observed strategy. (4)
Peace failed because the West had no intention of honoring Peace Agreements. Former German Chancellor Merkel, Former Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko, and former French President Francois Hollande all admitted that the Minsk Accords were used to buy time and to build up Ukraine’s miitary to NATO standards. (5)
And so Russia initiated a Special Military Operation ostensibly to protect Russian speaking peoples and Russian nationals from Kiev’s unceasing bombardments. But also to ensure that Ukraine remains neutral, that it be denazified and demilitarized. (6)
A country such as Russia that lost as many as 27 million people to the nazi invasion during WW2 is justified in pre-empting a proven aggressive nazi-state on its borders, especially since U.S Secretary of State James Baker promised Mikail Gorbachev on February 9, 1990, with the reunification of Germany, that NATO would not expand “one inch eastward.” (7)
And now the carnage of war is unimagineable, with Ukraine’s military “burn rate” far in excess of Russia’s and prospects for peace not likely since the West, including Canada, insists on supplying Ukraine with billions in weapons, with the apparent goals of using war to fight to “the last Ukrainian” and to “bleed Russia”. (8)
Canada’s “support for Ukraine” in terms of training and weapons prolongs the suffering and raises the death toll for all Ukrainians. The support translates into support for nazism and Western imperialism. (9)
Democracy and freedom and human rights are all crushed beneath the war lies and the war carnage. Millions of lives are dislocated and destroyed because armchair Western warmongers think of themselves as “exceptional”.
(1) Gerald Sussman, “Ukraine: The CIA’s 75-year-old Proxy.” 12 September, 2022, Covert Action Magazine, (Ukraine: The CIA’s 75-year-old Proxy | CovertAction Magazine) Accessed 4 March, 2023.
(2) Kit Klarenberg, “Anatomy of a Coup: How CIA Front Laid Foundations for Ukraine War.” 1 July, 2022. (Anatomy of a Coup: How CIA Front Laid Foundations for Ukraine War (substack.com) ) Accessed 4 March, 2023.
(3) Brian Berletic, “Ukraine Nazism” (Ukraine Nazism/ By Brian Berletic ) marktaliano.net, 04 March, 2023 ( Ukraine Nazism/ By Brian Berletic ) Accessed 04 March, 2023
(4) “Eva Bartlett describes the unspeakable genocide in Ukraine FULL INTERVIEW”, Redacted Conversations, “Eva Bartlett describes the unspeakable genocide in Ukraine FULL INTERVIEW” 27 September, 2022, marktaliano.net (Eva Bartlett describes the unspeakable genocide in Ukraine FULL INTERVIEW ) Accessed 04 March, 2023.
(5) Mark Taliano, “The West Seeks War Not Peace.” Global Research, 30 November, 2022. (The West Seeks War, Not Peace – Global ResearchGlobal Research – Centre for Research on Globalization) Accessed 04 March, 2023.
(6) John Mearsheimer, “Prof. John Mearsheimer on Russia’s Special Military Operation.” . marktaliano.net . 16 May, 2022, (Prof. John Mearsheimer on Russia’s Special Military Operation ) Accessed 04 March, 2023.
(7) Ben Norton, “US, UK, France promised USSR not to expand NATO east of Germany, newly discovered document proves.” Geopolitical Economy Report, 20 February, 2022. (US, UK, France promised USSR not to expand NATO east of Germany, newly discovered document proves – Geopolitical Economy Report) Accessed 03 March, 2023.
See also : NATO Expansion: What Gorbachev Heard. “Not One Inch Eastward”. What Was Agreed Between the Soviets and the West in 1990? – Global ResearchGlobal Research – Centre for Research on Globalization
(8) Yves Engler, “Understanding the Logic of Canada Giving $2.26 Billion in Arms to Ukraine.” Global Research, 02 March, 2023. (Understanding the Logic of Canada Giving $2.26 Billion in Arms to Ukraine – Global ResearchGlobal Research – Centre for Research on Globalization) Accessed 02 March, 2023.
(9) “Canada denies training Ukrainian Neo-Nazis.” RT, 11 April, 2022. ( Canada denies training Ukrainian Neo-Nazis — RT World News ) Accessed 03 April, 2022.
Why Russia’s intervention in Ukraine is legal under international law/By Dan Kovalik